Town Clerk

Town Clerk Responsibilities

Responsibilities of the Town Clerk's office include:

For the safety of our residents and employees the Town Offices are closed due to the COVID19 Virus.

In an effort to continue the necessary services provided by our office, many transactions can safely be completed by utilizing the Drop Box conveniently located in the vestibule of the Ridge Road Entrance to the Town Hall.

Tax Payments

 Payments can be made by U.S Mail, or by placing the payment in the drop box.

Payments can also be made online at – (sliding scale fee for electronic check payment or by charge card with a 3% fee.)

Any taxpayer that does not have a bill or does not know the amount to pay can call the tax line at 872-7064 or may go (click on view/pay taxes).  Additionally, we can mail or email all tax bills and receipts to residents, if needed.

Any other questions or concerns regarding your taxes should be directed to our Tax Department at 872-7064.

Handicap Parking Permits

 Please call 872-7057 and we will make arrangements with you to issue or renew your permit.  This can be done by utilizing the drop box, email, fax or US Postal Service

Dog Licenses

New licenses and renewals can all be completed via U.S. Mail or by drop box. Please remember to include the updated rabies certificate if needed.

Again, contact our office at 872-7057 with questions or concerns.

 Marriage Licenses

All New York State Marriage Licenses require a 24-hour waiting period and are valid for 60 days.  If your marriage will be taking place at a later time, please wait to set your appointment. 

You may contact our office at 872-7055 if you require a license right away and we will make every effort to help you out.

To obtain a copy of your Marriage Transcript, please contact our office at 872-7055 first to see if we indeed have the record in our office.  If so, this transaction can be completed by mailing, emailing or faxing the request form to you and then we will return your Certified Marriage Document by US Mail. Please note, as this is a vital record, we are not able to email or fax the completed document.

Peddler Permits will not be issued at this time

as we cannot encourage door-to-door solicitation.

DEC Licenses

  Hunting or Fishing Licenses can be issued through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Website, or any retailers who normally issue licenses.

We strongly recommend calling first.

Freedom of Information Requests

These will be done on a case-by-case basis.  The request form can be found on the town’s website:

Completed forms can be emailed to:,  or sent by US Mail to: Records Management Officer, Webster Town Hall 1000 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580, and we will make every effort to fill requests in a timely manner.

Tax 4.12 Update-1